- About Us
- Exhibitions & Demonstrations
- Pre School
- The School Complex
Students are not allowed to leave the school compound for any reason unless they have prior permission from the Head Teachers concerned. For special permission to leave school early due to medical appointments, written requests should reach the Head Teacher before the commencement of classes on a particular day.
Any student who is absent for more than 5% of the total number of working days in a Term may not be eligible to take the tests or exams for that term. These include excused as well as unexcused absences. Special provisions can be made for students with prolonged illnesses. A medical certificate must be produced before the child returns to the school. Students must submit letters of absence to their Head Teachers before they resume their classes. The letters should clearly state the reason for absence.
If a student continues to be absent for more than a week without giving information to the Head Teacher, his/her name will be struck off the rolls, and the student has to be readmitted. The school will not arrange special tests or exams missed due to absence. Irregular attendance, unjustified or unexplained absence and habitual late coming and objectionable behaviour of any kind may result in the removal of a boy/girl from the school.
• Students are expected to do homework which includes written and oral work. Homework serves three important purposes:
a. To reinforce and supplement skills taught in class.
b. To share a student’s progress with parents.
c. To develop proper study habits for future growth. Parents are requested to go through their children’s diaries and ensure that they do their homework regularly.
• A student returning from an illness or absence must meet his or her teachers on the day he/she resumes school to find out how much has been covered in class during his/her absence. Students who remain absent are responsible for finding out the homework either from their teachers or other students in their class. A student must submit all assigned work immediately upon return. It is the student's/parent's responsibility not the teachers' to make sure that all missed work due to absence is completed.
• If an assignment is not submitted on time, the student will get zero for that assignment.
• Students should develop the habit of doing their homework regularly.
• There are 240 working days in an academic session, which is divided into 6 terms each consisting of 40 working days.
The syllabus being vast, all the exercises at the end of every chapter cannot be done in class due to time limitations of time. A major part of every exercise is done in class. The rest is left to the students to complete at home. At home, the students are expected to learn, revise and practice the lessons and skills taught in class. Parents/Guardians should supervise students' homework and ensure that the students complete the work assigned to them. For those parents/guardians who are not able to do this due to various reasons, the school runs special classes after school. They are charged extra for these classes. Students who are weak in studies can also attend these classes.